FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. APRIL 20, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we DO NOT have a quorum, President Lee Anthony confirmed that we can not hold an official meeting; but we did end up having good discussions on several topics as detailed below:
|Lee Anthony – President||Bob Cope — Treasurer|
|Phred Sevening — Secretary||Joe Hurst|
|Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen||Doug Holden|
|Col Mike Shields — ISR Agency Senior Rep|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the MAR 2012 meeting were read and enjoyed by all, with minor edits recommended before getting formal approval.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was discussed and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- SPRING SOCIAL WRAP-UP: Great event, well attended; Gen Koziol appreciated our efforts. It seemed to be a fitting tribute to the Last Security Service Airman in Uniform, as we commemorated his retirement.
- HATS. There should be a good selection of FTVA hats available for our members; hopefully willing to donate to cover production costs.
- NOMINATION COMMITTEE UPDATE: The Nomination Committee announced that we currently have two people willing to run for office this year: Bob Cope for the office of Treasurer, and Phred Sevening for the office of Secretary.
6. NEW BUSINESS. N/A.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. N/A.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Doug Holden: Kudos to the San Antonio Cyber Patriot Team who took first place in the recent national level competition.
- Rass Rassmussen announced that the deadline for items for the next newsletter is 1 May 2012.
9. There being no further discussions of note, motion was made, seconded, and approved to cease discussions at 1410. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 18 May 2012.
//NOT signed (no need, as this was not a formal meeting)//
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening