FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. April 19, 2013 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After determining that we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood – Vice President|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Loren “Phred” Sevening – Secretary|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Chris Cook|
|Joe Hurst||Bob Baert|
|Wayne Tallant||Bob Crabtree|
|TSgt Tiernan — AFISRA/PA|
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the FEB 2013 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications. There was no meeting in March due to lack of a quorum.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Read and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
- SPRING SOCIAL RECAP: A total of 88 people enjoyed the festivities at the Spring Social; it was a great event, with exceptionally good food and service.
- U-28 DISPLAY AT USAFA: FTVA funded the plaque that will be attached to the display at the USAF Academy; various business partners affiliated with the ISR business have contributed funds to help family members attend the event. The aircraft display will be opened to the public during the memorial service on 20 June 2013.
- HATS UPDATE: Ron Haygood ordered more hats for us, at the same price we got them for two years ago. Ted Colquhoun is hanging on to the hats until the Anniversary Week the end of SEP. It is too soon to officially call him “the cat with the hats” as that moniker still belongs to Doug Holden.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
- NOMINATING COMMITTEE UPDATE: Dennis Rassmussen will have an update in the next newsletter regarding activities of the nominating committee. This year the President and Vice President will be elected into office for a two year term.
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER UPDATE: The Sunshine Chapter had some coins made that they donated to the 361 ISRG to present to Airmen who return from deployment.
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION (NCR) CHAPTER UPDATE: Jan Leech called Ron Haygood to inquire about status of NCR chapter, after hearing rumors of efforts to reinvigorate that chapter. Ron recommended she contact Al Dowling, who is taking the bulk of the efforts to get that chapter viable again.
- GEN OTTO’S DEPARTURE: Ron Haygood led discussions concerning Gen Otto leaving the ISR Agency to his next assignment and whether to present a going away gift for him. After short discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to donate $100 to eh Wounded Warriors Program in Gen Otto’s name.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
7. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Chris Cook asked if our overall membership is growing as a result of the new chapters that have emerged over the past couple of years. Bob Baert responded that yes we are growing, but did not have specifics on numbers. He also provided an update on the new Fisher House, and San Antonio Cyber Patriot activities.
- Dennis Rassmussen updated the Board on Hall of Honor. Suspense for nominations is 3 June 2013.
- Phred Sevening announced the new Air Force ISR Agency Anniversary Week POC is Major Keith Rodgers; who was unable to attend the meeting but has plans to attend at his first opportunity.
- Bob Baert let us know that the administrative documents needed for the Anniversary Week activities are done.
- TSgt Tiernan provided an update on Air Force ISR Agency involvement in San Antonio’s Fiesta activities, concluding by letting us know that many events that the Agency had planned to support have been curtailed due to sequestration funding issues.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1418. Next meeting will be May 17, 2013 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING