FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. APRIL 21, 2017 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Ted Colquhoun – Vice President|
|Evan Smith||Bob Baert|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Ken Maynard|
|Joe Hurst||Dennis Buxton|
|Steve Doucette – 25 AF Representative|
3. MINUTES: The February 2017 meeting minutes were read and approved with minor edits. (There was no meeting in March 2017 due to quorum not being established)
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Input received and posted to the RIT Newsletter.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Input received and posted to the RIT Newsletter.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Input received and posted to the RIT Newsletter.
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Input received and posted to the RIT Newsletter.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- Update on CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS). The naming of the CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS building) on Offutt AFB has been approved and will happen on 30 June 2017. At a minimum, Bob Cope and Lee Anthony will be representing the FTVA BOD. The FTVA is supporting the Prop Wash Gang with funding the plaque with final funds TBD.
- Modifications to Anniversary Week Sequence of Events: Planning continues for the 2017 FTVA Anniversary Week. Events will kick-off on Thursday, 28 Sept 17, with the golf tournament, followed by the Hall of Honor Induction, Fallen Eagle Remembrance Ceremony and the FTVA Picnic on Friday, 29 Sept 17, beginning at 0900. The FTVA Annual Membership meeting and the 25 AF Commander’s State of the NAF will be on Saturday, TBD, followed by the FTVA Banquet on Saturday evening at the Gateway Club.
- Guest Speaker for 2017 Anniversary Week Banquet: FTVA President Ron Haygood is working with the 25 AF Front Office Staff to secure the General (Ret) Clapper, former DNI, as the guest speaker for this year’s banquet.
- Spring Social Update: Spring Social was a success, although attendance was down. We had two deployers that we were able to recognize.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- Updating Life Member Roster: Membership Chair Bob Baert will send a hard-copy letter accompanied by postage-paid return response post card to all FTVA Lifetime Members who have not been heard from in the past six months. Intent is to determine who desires to remain as active members so the Membership Roster can be updated, and the Newsletter mailing can hopefully be cut back.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Bob Baert: Reported that the reunion documents would be mailed out for the 2017 Anniversary events.
- Steve Doucette (25 AF Rep): Advised the board that Maj Gen Mary O’Brien will be the new 25 AF/CC. Change of Command date TBD. Also looking for a 25 AF POC for FTVA Anniversary.
- Dennis Buxton: I have the golf course locked in for 28 September this year; will have the same menu and the same price. Will need a 25 AF POC.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1409. The next meeting will be on Friday, the 19th of May 2017 probably in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
Edward W. Colquhoun
Acting FTVA Secretary (for this meeting)