FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. 1. April 19, 2019 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining a quorum, President Ted Colquhoun called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria, bldg. 2000, Security Hill, Joint-Base San Antonio-Lackland.
|Ted Colquhoun – President||Evan Smith – Vice President|
|Lee Anthony – Treasurer||Phred Sevening – Secretary|
|Ron Haygood||Roy Burnett|
|Dan Martin||Dennis Buxton|
|AJ Harrison||Ken Williams|
3. MINUTES: The March 2019 Meeting Minutes were read and approved with minor typographical corrections
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Lee Anthony presented a Treasurerâ€™s report, current through March 31, 2019; it will be archived for audit/review.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- FTVA Membership Drive: Team is awaiting availability of MSgt Prunty.
- FTVA Presence on Facebook: No activity.
- P.O. Mailbox transition: Still on waiting list for box.
- Remain In Touch online newsletter: Forthcoming with exception of extenuating circumstances.
- Status of TSgt Ernie Parrish plaque in BALA: Awaiting input from AJ Harrison.
- Potential modification of FTVA Hall of Honor criteria: AJ Harrison.
- Support to Wasatch Chapter and Hurlburt Field Air Parks: Ted to discuss with key 169th and 25th personnel, local chapter leaders.
- Spring Social: May 4, 2019: finalizing paperwork Wednesday (Ken and Barnie Gavin). 25 AF Command Chief Leifer will be guest speaker.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Funding request from Heritage Chapter: $7,500 to establish brick pathway memorial at Goodfellow AFB. All preliminary coordination completed, Ted will pass out details to BOD for vote to approve/disapprove.
- 25 AF POC for Anniversary Week: Ted to coordinate with Mr Apodaca.
- Broken links on FTVA Website: TBD, Roy testing. So far, only one member has documented this problem.
7. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM: NSTR:
- Dennis Buxton: RIT inputs due by May 15th
- Ken Williams: Suggest coordinating for guest speaker. Next 25 AF/CC or Lt Gen-Ret Koziol?
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1452.
EVAN V. SMITH
Acting FTVA Secretary (for this meeting)