FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. AUGUST 19, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the HQ Air Force ISR Agency Commander’s Conference Room.
|Lee Anthony — President||Loren “Phred” Sevening — Secretary|
|Ken Williams||Joe Hurst|
|Bob Sherwood||A. J. Harrison|
|Doug Holden||Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen|
|Chris Cook||Bob Baert|
|Bob Crabtree||Wayne Amman — HQ AFISRA/PA|
|Maj Gen Poss — HAF/A2D||HQ AFISRA FTVA Anniversary events team|
3. Meeting started off with comments from Gen Poss on the current state of affairs around the globe and how so much of what is happening in the world impacts the ISR Agency. He thanked the FTVA for paving the way for all the current successes AFISRA is experiencing on the battlefield and beyond.
4. ANNIVERSARY WEEK UPDATE: Capt Nesli Schmidt presented a comprehensive report on status of FTVA anniversary week events scheduled for the last weekend in SEP. Everything is on track. After the presentation, the regular FTVA BOD meeting commenced.
5. MINUTES: The Minutes of the JUL 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
6. TREASURER’S REPORT: Not available.
7. OLD BUSINESS:
a. HATS. Doug Holden is still the FTVA Hat Honcho and he has plenty to share with any members who may want one, all we ask is that the recipient please consider a reasonable donation to cover expenses. Motion made, seconded, and approved to purchase 144 more hats to have on hand for the Anniversary Week events.
b. Request for funds: Annual General Doyle E. Larson (SENSOR OLYMPICS) Awards. Motion made, seconded, and approved to fund this awards program “at the usual amount.”
8. NEW BUSINESS. MISAWAP Ops Building. The FLR-9 at Misawa is planned for decommission, with no specific timeframe set for the event. It would be good if any FTVA ex-pats living in the area could attend on our behalf.
9. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
10. AROUND THE ROOM.
a. Joe Hurst: Everything is good to go for the golf tournament; despite the severe drought, the course looks good.
b. Jim McLendon: Provided a Vigilant Partners update.
c. Bob Sherwood: The paperwork for this year’s Hall of Honor nominees is in with AFISRA/CC for coordination.
d. A.J. Harrison: Everything is set for the picnic. The AFISRA History Office is looking for pictures of the original USAFSS Headquarters Building at Brooks.
e. Chris Cook: We are appreciative of the excellent support provided by the AFISRA History Office.
f. Ken Williams: The water tower that was here on Security Hill has been torn down; and the Gillum Fitness Center will soon undergo a significant upgrade, to include a brand new annex to be built.
g. Wayne Amman: The FTVA Reunion Week will be another busy time for Security Hill and AFISRA. Other upcoming activities include commemoration of the 10th anniversary of 9/11, a POW/MIA ceremony, and the Air Force’s birthday on SEP 18th.
11. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1443. Next meeting will either be the annual General Membership meeting on Security Hill, held in conjunction with the Anniversary Week events, on Saturday, SEP 24 immediately following Gen Otto’s State of the Agency briefing in the BALA auditorium.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING