P.O. Box 691616

1. AUGUST 30, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING:  Major General Bob Otto opened the August FTVA BOD meeting with his remarks, thanking us for our continued support.  He let us know that times are getting tougher, resources (especially money) are getting tighter, and we are all forced to adapt; there will be more information in the State of the Agency Presentation during the Anniversary Week celebrations.  The General went on the state that his main focus continues to be on people, with recognition programs and care for our Airmen and their families.  We have a new Key Spouse program designed to look after families of deployed members and we may be looking for support.  He thanked us once again for all we do for the Agency and its Airmen and that he looked forward to the Anniversary Week events.

2.  FTVA ANNIVERSARY WEEK UPDATE:  Major James Wright and his team provided an excellent recap of all their planning and preparations, and everything is on track and looking solid. 

3.  After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1347 hours in the Security Hill, Larson Hall (bldg 2007) ISR Agency Commander’s Conference Room.

4.  Attendance:

Lee Anthony — PresidentRon Haygood — Vice President
Phred Sevening — SecretaryJoe Hurst
Jim McLendonWayne Tallant
Bob BaertJacque Lerma
Doug HoldenDennis Rassmussen
Chris CookBob Crabtree

5. MINUTES: The minutes of the July 2012 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.

6.  TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read not read (due to absence of Treasurer).


    1. BAT 21 UPDATE:  Should this case be considered a USAFSS “killed in action” event?  After much discussion it was decided that neither FTVA nor the ISR Agency (and predecessor organizations) have a “dog in this fight” on the issue, and so motion was made, seconded, and approved to close this item.


  1. GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER UPDATE:  Since the last FTVA BOD meeting, discussions were held to identify the best way for the GCC to collaborate with the ISR Agency units at Beale AFB.  Bob Cope discussed direct with Bob Sachetti (GCC President), and Ron Haygood discussed direct with the 548 ISRG Commander at Beale AFB (Col Patrick Flood).  Discussions centered around the best way to support GCC efforts to improve their role and standing with ISR Agency presence at Beale.  All stakeholders are communicating with one another and everything is moving in the right direction.  Motion was made, seconded, and approved to close this item.

8.  NEW BUSINESS.  AF ISR AGENCY KEY SPOUSES GROUP.  Based on General Otto’s remarks regarding the potential support request for this program, motion was made, seconded, and approved to table this item until next meeting so we can gather more information.

9.  CORRESPONDENCE.  Nothing to report.


    1. Wayne Tallant:  it has been a rough time lately, since our last newsletter we have 22 Fallen Eagles to report in the next issue.


    1. Jaque Lerma:  I have been looking for ways to connect with our younger Airmen out there, and think we could do a better job of using social media to establish that relationship.


    1. Doug Holden.  The Cat with the Hats states:  Seems like every week we slowly decrease our hat holdings.


  1. Lee Anthony.  It looks like Al Dowling is doing a great job revitalizing the FTVA NCR Chapter.

11.  There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1428.  The next meeting will be the Annual General Membership Meeting in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA) immediately following the State of the Agency briefing by Gen Otto.

Loren R. “Phred” Sevening
FTVA Secretary

Skip to content