FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 782691616
1. AUGUST 15, 2014 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After determining we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1423 hours in the Commander’s Conference Room, bldg 2007 (Larson Hall), Headquarters, Air Force ISR Agency.
2. OPENING REMARKS by HQ AFISRA Anniversary Week POC, Major Rich Waters. Before start of the actual BOD meeting, Rich and his team presented a great update on all the planning and preparations done for the upcoming Anniversary Week.
|Ron Haygood – President||Andy Smith – Vice President|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Phred Sevening – Secretary|
|Wayne Tallant||Jacque Lerma|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Barnie Gavin|
|Lee Anthony||Bob Crabtree|
|AJ Harrison||Dennis Buxton|
4. MINUTES: The minutes of the July 2014 meeting were read and approved.
5. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- EC-47 crash site in Armenia: AFISRA Director of Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Assessments, Col Laura Ryan, has been corresponding via email with the assistant Air Attaché in Armenia regarding the potential for supporting the local Armenians in their efforts to ensure the site is kept to appropriate standards to convey respect and appreciation to the crew of the downed aircraft. Board decided to turn the info over to Larry Tart who recently got involved in this action.
- TY COBB’S EC-47 Painting. AJ Harrison will take the painting to a commercial vendor to have copies made, and then have them available for a suitable donation. Ty has provided written permission to have the painting commercially copied.
7. NEW BUSINESS: The HQ AFISRA History Office has socialized the idea of FTVA funding museum quality display cases to be used to display historical artifacts throughout AFISRA headquarters. After short discussion, decision was made to table this until a formal request is made.
8. CORRESPONDENCE. Nothing to report.
9. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Wayne Tallant: The latest edition of the Newsletter is out.
- Bob Cope: Rass recently had carpal tunnel surgery and is home recovering.
- Jacque Lerma: Looking at getting a new money box for the picnic, to ensure we display all organizational emblems from USAFSS through 25 AF.
- Ron Haygood: Need to ensure we have a membership sign-up table at the picnic, staffed with volunteers; and we also need a supply of hats to offer at both the picnic and the golf tournament.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1505. The next meeting will be the Annual General Membership Meeting in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA) in Larson Hall (bldg 2007, AFISRA HQ), immediately following the State of the Agency Briefing by Maj Gen Shanahan.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening