FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. AUGUST 19, 2016 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1402 hours in the 25th Air Force Commander’s Conference Room, building 2007 (Larson Hall), on Security Hill. The FTVA monthly meeting was called to order immediately following Anniversary Week status update to 25th Air Force Vice Commander.
|Ron Haygood – President||Ted Colquhoun – Vice President|
|Phred Sevening – Secretary||Barnie Gavin|
|Dennis Rassmussen||A.J. Harrison|
|Ken Williams||Dennis Buxton|
3. FTVA Anniversary Week Update: The primary purpose of holding the meeting in the 25th Air Force Commander’s Conference Room in August each year is to provide a dual update to FTVA Board of Directors and members, and the 25th Air Force leadership. Because the 25 AF Commander, Maj Gen Shwedo, is TDY, this meeting was led by the Vice Commander, Brig Gen-Select Colonel James Cluff. Major Octavia Heard, the 25 AF overall lead for the anniversary week events delivered an excellent presentation on status of events for next month.
4. MINUTES: The July 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved.
5. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
6. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
7. OLD BUSINESS:
- Anniversary Week Update: Nothing to add to the excellent presentation provided by Major Heard. Her address to Col Cluff was comprehensive and concise, with everything on track. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide small AAFES gift certificates to the JBSA-Lackland Security Forces members who will voluntarily give up their off-duty time to open Security Hill Gate for the Saturday activities, as the gate is normally closed on weekends.
- Hats: We have a new order of hats; a gross of the “hard top” and a gross of the “soft top” baseball-style hats. The hats will be available at the Golf Tournament and picnic.
8. NEW BUSINESS: CMSgt Tennant Hall at Offutt AFB. The 97 IS is leading the effort to name one of the ops buildings on base after Chief Tennant. There is a chance the FTVA Board of Directors will have an opportunity to provide funding, so a motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund a reasonable amount if and when we are contacted for help.
9. CORRESPONDENCE: President Ron Haygood received an email from member William G. Ballard inquiring about FTVA shirts. After short discussion it was agreed to table this action until the October meeting to allow members time to do some research before we commit.
10. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Ken Williams: Ticket sales for the banquet has started, please see appropriate rep to get tickets; and beat the bushes to get more people to attend.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Great job by Dennis Buxton, Ken Maynard, and Pepito Figueroa with all the help with the Newsletter.
- Dennis Buxton: Everything is on track with the Golf Tournament, because this is a new location for us I have been constantly engaged with them to ensure things go as smooth as possible.
- A.J. Harrison: Everything for the Hall of Honor is on track.
11. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1503. The next meeting will be in the Annual General Membership Meeting in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA) immediately following the State of the NAF (Numbered Air Force) presentation by 25th Air Force Commander Major General Shwedo.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening