FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. August 13, 2018 FTVA Board of Directors’ Meeting: After ascertaining a quorum, President Ted Colquhoun called the meeting to order at 3:57 PM in the Commander’s Conference Room, Larson Hall (bldg. 2007), Security Hill, Joint-Base San Antonio-Lackland. The meeting was preceded with a status update on Anniversary Week planning, presented to 25 AF senior leadership, presented by Maj Bailey.
|Ted Colquhoun – President||Evan Smith – Vice President|
|Lee Anthony – Treasurer||Phred Sevening – Secretary|
|Barnie Gavin||Ken Maynard|
|AJ Harrison||Ron Haygood|
3. MINUTES: The July 2018 Meeting Minutes were read and approved as written.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was presented, discussed, and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Meeting of the Alamo Chapter of the FTVA was held at the Saltgrass Steakhouse on IH-10 at 5:30 PM. The meeting was called to order by President Barnie Gavin at 6:30 p.m. with 16 Members and Spouses in attendance. Discussion was opened on support to the 543rd. Jesse Greene acting on behalf of the Chapter has made contact with the Group and suggested a $400 yearly contribution from the Chapter would help their recognition programs. Jesse will continue to coordinate this action. It was also suggested that the Group be offered a little presentation of our Chapter at a future Commander’s Call. LeRoy Rogers pitched support to Airman’s Heritage Foundation. A question was asked if there was anything prohibiting contributions from our Chapter to organizations “outside” of FTVA associated units. The answer was “NO”. Consideration will be given. Ron Haygood and Barnie discussed the recent FTVA Meeting on 13 Aug:
- The pending 70th Anniversary of our Command and all it’s iterations was reviewed. This year a 5K Run will be conducted on the morning of September 27th for “the young folks” and any of us older folks that would like to try it. FTVA will donate shirts for the participants (hopefully with an FTVA emblazoned on the).
- The Golf Tournament will be conducted this same day, commencing at 10a.m., so if you’re running in the 5K, better do so quickly.
- Friday, the 28th will be the Hall of Honor installation followed by the Rededication ceremony at the EC-47and the annual picnic at Stapleton Park.
- Saturday, 29 September will be the Banquet. Cost this year for the Banquet is $30. Members were asked to contact Ken Williams for tickets to the Banquet.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- MID-ATLANTIC REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- New Special Activities Chair: Nothing new to report.
- National Museum of the Air Force (NMUSAF) Update: This action item deals with collaborating with the NMUSAF staff to stand up a USAFSS/ESC/AFIC/AIA/AFISRA/25 AF display in the museum. Nothing new to report.
- FTVA Facebook presence: President Ted Colquhoun learned that Bob Baert still owns the admin rights to the FTVA Facebook page, preventing him from making updates. Ted will work with Bob to transfer ownership.
- FTVA Charter Review: Discussion focused on ensuring our charter and bylaws are current, after short discussion this action was handed off to FTVA Secretary to work.
- FTVA Membership Drive: Recruiting new members into the FTVA remains a challenge, and has been a topic of discussion for many moons. After short discussion, decision was made to convene a small team to explore options for a membership drive after the Anniversary Week activities.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- Anniversary Week Fun-Run: The 25 AF POC, Maj Bailey, suggested incorporating a fun run with this year’s Anniversary Week activities. After short discussion, all in agreement, motion was made, seconded, and approved to disburse $300 for T-Shirts for the event.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None
9. AROUND THE ROOM: None
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1640. The next FTVA BOD meeting will be October 19, 2018 at the Security Hill Cafeteria starting at 1330.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening