FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. August 16, 2019 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining a quorum, President Ted Colquhoun called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria, bldg. 2000, Security Hill, Joint-Base San Antonio-Lackland.
|Ted Colquhoun – President||Evan Smith – Vice President|
|Lee Anthony – Treasurer||Dan Martin|
|Roy Burnett||AJ Harrison|
|Dennis Buxton||Ken Williams|
3. MINUTES: The June 2019 Meeting Minutes were read and approved.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Lee Anthony presented the report which will be archived for audit/review.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- FTVA Membership Drive: NSTR
- FTVA Facebook Activity: Noted increase in visits to the page.
- PO Box transition: Closed. Remain with SSFCU.
- Remain in Touch online newsletter: Working out the bugs with members who can’t get in. Positive feedback from those who are used to it.
- Status of TSgt Ernie Parrish plaque in BALA: Awaiting input from AJ Harrison.
- Potential modification of FTVA Hall of Honor criteria: On hold pending merger.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Guest Speaker for all Reunion events: will be Maj Gen Tim Haugh, new 25 AF Commander following change of command on 29 August.
- Meeting with 25 AF/CC: Set for 1 OCT 2019 on Security Hill, which will include the Anniversary Week pre-brief for the new Commander.
- Larson Award winners: will not be attending the anniversary week. No funding for TDY travel.
- Discussed having a display in the BALA for Maj Charles Ransom: 24 AF member KIA’d in Afghanistan. 25 AF/PA will put together the presentation and FTVA will purchase the framing.
7. CORRESPONDENCE: None
8. AROUND THE ROOM: Nothing submitted.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1345. The next FTVA BOD meeting will be September 20, 2019 at the Security Hill Cafeteria starting at 1300.
EDWARD W. COLQUHOUN
Acting FTVA Secretary (for this meeting)