FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. FEBRUARY 15, 2013 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, Vice President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood — Vice President||Bob Cope – Treasurer|
|Ken Williams||Bob Baert|
|Joe Hurst||Ted Colquhoun|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Bob Crabtree|
|Col Mike Shields – AFISRA Liaison Officer|
|TSgt Trevor Turner – AFISRA/PA|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the January, 2013 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: The February Treasurer’s report was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- LARSON AWARDS: Due to program changes caused by Air Force budget issues, the FTVA contribution to the 2013 awards program was returned. There may be a request later for funding to upgrade the headquarters display for the program. While the banquet and related Larson Awards activities were cancelled, testing will be conducted and awards presented to winners at their home duty station.
- SPRING SOCIAL: The social will be held April 13, 2013 at the Courtyard Marriott on Highway 151. CMSgt Heath, Air Force ISR Agency Command Chief, will be guest speaker. As in previous years, recent returnees from deployments will be recognized. Ted Colquhoun will coordinate with the AFSIRA staff office to facilitate invitations and RSVPs from the returnees.
- U28 DISPLAY AT THE AIR FORCE ACADEMY: Tabled pending further information from Barney Gavin.
- HATS: Ron Haygood will contact the local business and order khaki hats similar to our last order. He will adjust the number based on costs—anticipating an increase.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- LARSON AWARDS DISPLAY AREA: CMSgt Heath has initiated discussions regarding an upgrade to this area on the 1st floor of the AFISRA headquarters. Initial estimated cost will be between $3500 and $5500. This item was tabled, pending a formal request from the Chief.
- THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE under Dennis Rassmussen’s direction will meet following today’s Board of Director’s meeting.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
8. AROUND THE ROOM. Nothing to report.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1410. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330, March 15, 2013.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening