FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 782691616
1. FEBRUARY 14, 2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, Vice President Andy Smith called the meeting to order at 1330 in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Andy Smith Vice — President||Bob Cope – Treasurer|
|Phred Sevening – Secretary||Ken Williams|
|Bob Baert||Joe Hurst|
|Dennis Buxton||Lee Anthony|
|Jim McLendon||Wayne Tallant|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the January, 2014 meeting were read and approved.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: The February Treasurer’s report was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- MENTORING PROGRAM: Vice President Andy Smith shared with us that he reached out to members from other chapters and the feedback he got is that the concept is well received. Andy will update the FTVA Facebook page to advertise the program.
- SPRING SOCIAL: The social will be held March 8, 2014 at the Courtyard Marriott on Highway 151. Maj Gen Shanahan, Air Force ISR Agency Commander, will be guest speaker. As in previous years, recent returnees from deployments will be recognized. Ted Colquhoun will coordinate with the AFSIRA staff office to facilitate invitations and RSVPs from the returnees. A total of 55 members of the HQ AFISRA staff deployed over the past year; we hope to have a good turnout.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- AIR FORCE ISR AGENCY SUPPORT: CMSgt Heath, Air Force ISR Agency Command Chief, requested a donation to support their upcoming deployed family members picnic scheduled for 5 April. Additionally, she submitted a request for normal funding amount for the annual Gen Doyle E. Larson Awards program. Both requests were approved.
- AIR FORCE ISR AGENCY COMMANDER’S CONFERENCE: Ken Williams will seek approval for a short FTVA presentation at the upcoming Commander’s Conference. Intent is for President Ron Haygood to inform the audience who FTVA is, what we can do for them, and why we are relevant. Additionally, membership application forms will be available.
- FTVA BANNER. Discussion on the table about location of the FTVA banner. Intent is to make sure it is ready for the upcoming AFISRA deployed family members picnic and other events. Banner has been found, cleaned up, and is ready to go.
- REQUEST FOR FTVA HAT came in the mail, was forwarded to Ted Colquhoun, the new Cat with the Hats.
- THANK YOU from WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT acknowledging recent donation that was made to them on behalf of Maj Gen Shanahan for his services as guest speaker at FTVA banquet last September.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Jim McLendon gave an update on Vigilant Partner’s Program.
- Tom Tullo introduced himself and let us know he wants to get more involved.
- Wayne Tallant gave us an update on the latest edition of the Newsletter and the Election Committee.
- Bob Cope let us know that the taxes for the Memorial Fund have been filed, and that he is working to get updates regarding the family of deceased Navid Garshab to ensure the family is able to maximize their benefits. Navid died last fall from brain cancer. If there are no active duty combat deaths, Navid will probably be the center focus for this year’s memorial service during Anniversary Week.
- Ken Williams announced that the AFISRA POC for this coming Anniversary Week events is Maj Waters; and Ms Dee Studevent is retiring the end of March.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1419. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330, March 21, 2014.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening