FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. FEBRUARY 17, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we have a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Dennis”Rass” Rassmussen|
|Ken Williams||Grover Jackson|
|Wayne Amman — HQ AFISRA/PA|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the JAN 2012 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit. Item of note was a motion made, seconded, and approved to increase the Stu Engbretson TARP (Tactics Analysis Reporting Program) award annual amount to $200 as the award now has two categories — junior and senior. Additionally, motion was made, seconded, and approved to donate $6000 to the AFISRA Annual Awards Program.
5. OLD BUSINESS: SPRING SOCIAL: Gen Grover Jackson (RET) will give the opening remarks based upon a history of USAFSS that he presented at an earlier event. His remarks are intended to set the stage for Ron Haygood to introduce the guest speaker, Lt Gen Craig Koziol. Gen Koziol is the last USAFSS Airman in uniform and this event will be our (FTVA) opportunity to honor him and all his accomplishments. The event is set for Saturday, March 31st at the Lackland Gateway Club.
6. NEW BUSINESS. N/A.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. N/A.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Phred Sevening shared information on the work that SMSgt BJ Jones and the AFISRA History Office have been working on lately, to include histories of some of the original USAFSS units (and even their predecessor units dating back to WWII). BJ has hard copy and soft copy of the histories with hopes that we will share them on the FTVA website.
- Rass Rassmussen expressed appreciation for the help with the Newsletter. He is compiling an historical look at the RIT Newsletter dating back to 1982, with plans to scan and archive the history and make it available on our website.
- Wayne Amann: Shared several items with us:
- AFISRA has a new Career Advisor
- AFISRA is looking for items to publish in support of USAF Portraits in Courage. A current AFISRA member is featured for her work with Combat Camera.
- The Gen Koziol retirement and Spring Social will be featured in the AFISRA Portal.
- Ron Haygood: The TARP Program just presented their annual Stu Engbretson award, Junior and Senior categories. It was a good event, and Ron had the opportunity to share a few words about FTVA.
- Lee Anthony: Thanks to Ken Williams for helping to salvage parts of the Misawa FLR-9 for posterity.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1443. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 16 MAR 2012.
Loren R.”Phred” Sevening