FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 16, 2009 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the Security Service Federal Credit Union Board of Directors Conference Room.
|Chris Cook – President||Sue Douglas — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Loren “Phred” Sevening — Secretary|
|Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen||Ken Williams|
|Bob Baert||Kenny O’Neal|
|Ron Haygood||John Worthington|
|Jim McLendon||Col Hank Toussaint|
|Wayne Amann — AFISRA/PA||MSgt Jeff Neal|
|MSgt Rafael Rodriguez — Chief, AFISRA SENSOR OLYMPICS (Outgoing)|
|Maj Mark Garcia — 2009 AFISRA Anniversary Events Team Leader|
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the November 2008 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer’s report presented, and filed for audit.
a. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide $5500 for the Air Force ISR Agency Annual Awards program. The awards ceremony week is 2-5 March, 2009.
b. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to increase the amount paid for contract labor to $400 per month.
4. OLD BUSINESS
a. HATS AND COINS. There are about 40 hats left, but the coins are all gone. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to buy 200 more coins. Chris Cook will contact John Knotts to initiate this action.
b. SPRING SOCIAL. The event is set for April 4th.
(1) Ken Williams and Chris Cook will tag-team to approach the new Air Force ISR Agency Commander to be the guest speaker.
(2) Kenny O’Neal will provide a list of Agency heroes returning from deployment. Motion made, seconded, and approved to provide an FTVA hat and a one-year gratis membership for all the returning heroes.
(3) Sue Douglas will take charge of the agenda and the script for the Master of Ceremonies.
(4) Motion made, seconded, and approved to provide $750 for the food.
c. GEN KOZIOL’S DEPARTURE. Lots of activities 10-11 February associated with Gen Koziol’s promotion to Lt General and moving on to his next assignment.
d. NEW BASE ENTRY PROCEDURES. New requirements for entering Lackland Air Force Base will impact all FTVA activities on base. Discussion on the impact is TABLED until the Feb 2009 FTVA BOD meeting. Chris Cook will invite Mr Bob Eddy, AFISRA/SO to the next meeting to discuss.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
a. STU AWARD. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide $100 each year for the Stu Award, given for the best Tactics Analysis and Reporting Program (TARP) operator of the year. The award is named after CMSgt (retired) Stewart (Stu) L. Engbretson, an FTVA Hall of Honor member and the founding father of TARP.
b. ISR AIRCRAFT MODEL STATIC DISPLAY. Two more ISR Aircraft models will be added to the AFISRA Courtyard. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund the bronze plaques that will go on each display stand. Cost is expected to be about $650 per plaque.
c. FTVA OFFICER ELECTION UPDATE. Discussion on the annual FTVA Officer elections revealed that we are not following our own bylaws, which require a nominating committee to manage the effort. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to appoint Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen to lead the FTVA Officer Election Committee for 2009.
d. 2009 FTVA REUNION PLANNING.
(1) Ron Haygood will contact the Alzafar Shriners Bagpipe Band.
(2) AJ Harrison will reserve the park for the picnic.
(3) Retired CIA Director Hayden was suggested as a possible guest speaker. Chris Cook will contact him to see if he is interested.
e. CMSgt (RET) KEATON FUNERAL. CMSgt (retired) Jerry S. Keaton, former USAFSS Senior Enlisted Advisor, recently passed away. Air Force ISR Agency representatives at his funeral will be Mr Ken Williams, Director of Staff and CMSgt Paul Weseloh, Command Chief.
a. MSgt Rafael Rodriguez shared a thank-you letter he presented to the BOD for the outstanding support he received while he ran the SENSOR O program. He announced TSgt Mark Richardson will be taking over as the new SENSOR O Chief. MSgt Rodriguez is on his way to a one-year deployment.
b. There was a request to expand membership to include family members. There is a provision in the bylaws that allows this as an Associate Membership.
7. AROUND THE ROOM.
a. Wayne Amann announced the new Air Force ISR Agency Ambassadors are TSgt Esparaza in A3 and SSgt Officer from DSE.
b. Barnie Gavin will be returning to San Antonio sometime later this year. His wife will be the new Commander at the Wilford Hall Medical Center Training Squadron.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1504. Next meeting will be February 20, 2009 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1400.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING