FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 21, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: Treasurer Bob Cope called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Loren “Phred” Sevening – Secretary|
|Jim McLendon||Chris Cook|
|Joe Hurst||Bob Baert|
|Ken Williams||Dennis Rassmussen|
|Wayne Tallant||Doug Holden|
|Wayne Amann, AFISRA/PA|
2. MINUTES: There were no minutes to read or approved.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Not presented.
4. OLD BUSINESS: None to share, due to no minutes from NOV 2010 meeting.
5. NEW BUSINESS:
- FALLEN EAGLE Support: Kirk Carpenter will run an ad in the next Newsletter seeking help with the Fallen Eagles section.
- Support to AFISRA Annual Awards Program. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund at our normal amount.
- SPRING SOCIAL Update: Shooting for 30 April for the Spring Social as primary date, with 9 April as back-up, at the Gateway Club on Lackland. Seeking to have CMSgt Ricker, AFISRA Command Chief, as guest speaker.
- FTVA 2011 Elections Nominating Committee. Back by unanimous request, Dennis Rassmussen was selected to lead the nomination committee for the 2011 FTVA Board of Directors nominations.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
7. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Cutoff is 7 Feb for Newsletter articles and updates.
- Doug Holden: We still have hats available, for requested donation of $20, mailed or $15 if picked up in person.
- Ken Williams: AFISRA is having a fundraiser golf tournament on 11 February. SSgt Jill Pass was selected as a our new Ambassador.
- Chris Cook: The most recent Cyber Patriot event here in San Antonio was another great success.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1420. Next meeting will be February 18, 2011 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING