FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 18, 2013 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood – Vice President|
|Phred Sevening – Secretary||Joe Hurst|
|Wayne Tallant||Bob Baert|
|Jim McLendon||Doug Holden|
|Bob Crabtree||Dennis Rassmussen|
|Jacque Lerma||AJ Harrison|
|Wayne Amann — ISR Agency/PA|
|Col Mike Shields — ISR Agency/Senior Liaison|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the NOV 2012 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was not available.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Syracuse University Memorial Update: The Prop-Wash Gang is planning a reunion to coincide with the memorial dedication. Larry Tart is the de facto lead for coordinating the combined efforts.
- 2013 LARSON AWARDS Update: Due to fiscal limitations forced on us by our elected officials in Washington, the 2013 Larson Awards Week is cancelled. The Larson Awards competition will still take place, but all competition will be done at home station. Once the winners have been determined, the announcement will be made from HQ Air Force ISR Agency, and the winners notified at home station.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- SPRING SOCIAL Update: After brief discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to lock in 13 April 2013 as the date for the event. Ken Williams is working to secure a new venue for the event, looking at the Marriott on 151 and Wiseman. More to follow when Ken has an update. After brief discussion, the proposal was placed on the table to invite the new ISR Agency Command Chief, CMSgt Heath, as the guest speaker for the event. Ken will contact her to offer the invite.
- U-28 MEMORIAL at USAFA: There is a movement underway by the staff at the USAF Academy to create and dedicate a U-28 memorial. Barney Gavin will be the on-site lead to identify potential FTVA role for the project.
- HATS UPDATE: After brief discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to acquire 244 hats to have available for upcoming events. Ron Haygood is taking the lead on this project.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- AJ Harrison gave a good update on the Hall of Honor. In 2013 the plan is to commemorate the decade of the 90s; so anyone intending to nominate somebody for HoH please have them focus on that decade. The HoH charter is out for coordination.
- Dennis Rassmussen gave an update on the newsletter, to include the latest Fallen Eagles. Deadline for inputs is 1 FEB. The next newsletter will have details on the next election.
- Wayne Amann gave an update on noteworthy events at the ISR Agency, to include the selection of the latest Joint-Base San Antonio Ambassador. Capt Eggers was selected as this year’s ambassador; following in his father’s footsteps who was also one of our Ambassadors back in the day.
- Ron Haygood provided an update on ISR Agency activities on Nellis Air Force Base; along with Air National Guard and Reserve happenings relative to ISR Agency.
- Lee Anthony updated us on the various organizations that supported our ISR Airmen deployed over the holidays. The Prop-Wash Gang and the Beaners led the efforts, with others donating generously. The total value of goods donated exceeded $5,000 this year.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1435. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU BOD Room on 15 FEB 2013 at 1330.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening