FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 16, 2015 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Andy Smith — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Bob Baert||Dennis Rassmussen|
|Dennis Buxton||Barnie Gavin|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the NOV 2014 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- HERITAGE Chapter: San Angelo has been pretty much shut down the past three days due to freezing rain and mid-20 temps. Almost a hundred accidents each day so far. Hopefully it will break a little tomorrow afternoon. Goodfellow has been shut down since Wednesday and is closed again tomorrow. I like the idea of chapter inputs each month; it keeps everyone up to date and you don’t have to wait for the Newsletter to see what’s up (unless you want to see the pictures!). And I’ll see if any of our guys have a suggestion for a guest speaker for the Spring Fling or the anniversary banquet. Personally, I think getting a chap named Clapper for the banquet would be a great. I always thought of the folks in San Antonio as an FTVA HQ element, but I guess a formal chapter would work for those folks. Thanks for the updates and taker EZ!
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN Chapter: 1/7/2015 – Happy New Year. Thanks for all your support and we look forward to another great year together. We have had a busy holiday season. We continue to monitor and pray for positive results from George Williams surgery. He has had some set backs but seems to be improving and he appreciates all your thoughts and prayers. I also returned last night from the funeral services for Maj Gen Paul Dettmer who passed away last week from liver cancer. He was 59 years old and left a wonderful wife and two kids, Ali and Andrew. The services were very well attended by many of those that served with Paul over the years. He will be missed. Anyway, with the new year, we all have new resolutions, and one of them should be to spend more time with your friends, so what better way to mark the occasion than at the first FTVA social of the year, at Rhinos, Thurs, 8 Jan, at 6PM. Hope to see you there. Also saw the FB post (and reported at the meeting): Sunshine Chapter handing out 4 $100 Bass Pro Shop gift cards to the 361 ISRG Annual Award winners.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- FTVA Emblem Update. After reviewing all the options presented, and some deliberation, motion was made, seconded, and approved to select the emblem below as the official FTVA emblem.
- NAME TAGS: Barnie Gavin will work with Lee Anthony. This topic is tabled until next meeting.
7. NEW BUSINESS.
- Spring Social: Chief Towberman, 25th Air Force Command Chief, has agreed to be our guest speaker at the event.
- FTVA San Antonio Chapter Update: Barnie Gavin received copious response indicating support for standing up a San Antonio Chapter of the FTVA. Barnie will find a place to meet, and make the announcement to have a meeting soon.
- Support to 25th Air Force: The 25 AF is planning on another picnic soon to honor deploying Airmen and their families; we can expect formal request for support from them. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide financial support equal to the last picnic.
- Updating FTVA Constitution, By-Laws, and FTVA BOD Roster: After short discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to task FTVA Secretary to update the FTVA Constitution and By-Laws to reflect the transition from Air Force ISR Agency to 25th Air Force. Secretary Phred will have the documents updated before next meeting.
8. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Deadline for inputs to next Newsletter is 1 FEB.
- Barnie Gavin: If you are interested in becoming a member of the new San Antonio Chapter of FTVA, please let me know.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1435. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 20 FEB 2015.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening