FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 20, 2017 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Ted Colquhoun – Vice President|
|Phred Sevening – Secretary||Bob Baert|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Ken Williams|
|Barnie Gavin||Dennis Buxton|
3. MINUTES: The November 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- Update on CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS). Package arrived at 25th AF on 17 November and approved at the Numbered Air Force (NAF) level; and was forwarded to ACC in mid-December where it is currently undergoing internal ACC staffing. Hope to have it approved soon.
- Modifications to Anniversary Week Sequence of Events: President Ron Haygood discussed with 25 AF/CS the desire to adjust the Anniversary Week sequence of events to avoid the excessive demand on Saturday. This year we will move the Hall of Honor induction ceremony from Saturday to Friday staring at 0900, the Remembrance Ceremony will remain at 1000 to 1100, and the picnic will begin at 1130.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- Spring Social Update: Social Activities Chair Ken Williams offered up tentative dates to hold the Spring Social; he will work with the staff at the same venue as the past two years and let us know what he was able to lock in. Right now we are planning to have 25 AF/CV as the guest speaker, FTVA President Ron Haygood will work with Col Cluff’s staff to get this on his calendar.
- Updating Life Member Roster: Membership Chair Bob Baert will send a hard-copy letter accompanied by postage-paid return response post card to all FTVA Lifetime Members who have not been heard from in the past six months. Intent is to determine who desires to remain as active members so the Membership Roster can be updated, and the Newsletter mailing can hopefully be cut back.
- Guest Speaker for 2017 Anniversary Week Banquet: There should be a new Commander of the 25th Air Force in place for the next Anniversary Week. Traditionally, the new Commander is the guest speaker at the banquet. FTVA President Ron Haygood will work with the Front Office Staff to secure the next 25 AF/CC as the guest speaker.
- 25 Intelligence Squadron Memorial Dedication. Members of the 25th Intelligence Squadron at Hurlburt AFB, FL are planning on establishing a memorial to honor SrA Schoelten and the U-28 crash. The 25 IS Commander reached out to President Ron Haygood to tip him off that a possible request for support may be coming our way.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: Received two Christmas cards and one request to be removed from the mailing list.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Phred Sevening: I have been locked out of the FTVA_Secretary@yahoo.com account for nearly two months; will work with Bob Baert to create a new account associated with the FTVA.ORG site.
- Dennis Rassmussen: 1) Reminder that the Hall of Honor nominations are coming due, the first Monday in June; I will have a reminder in the next Newsletter (President Ron Haygood chimed in that he will include a reminder in his President’s comments in the next Newsletter too). 2) Reminder that this year the officers to be elected are President and Vice President; and 3) Reminder that the deadline for submissions for the next Newsletter is 1 Feb 2017.
- Ken Williams: Reminder that those of us who plan to attend need to be at the County Line BBQ joint at 6 PM tomorrow.
- Ted Colquhoun: I worked with the 25 AF Deputy Chief of Staff to ensure that the primary 25 AF Senior Liaison, Mr Steve Doucette, or his Deputy Mr Steve Anderson will be at all future FTVA Board of Director’s meetings.
- Bob Baert: The National Capital Region Chapter now has their website up and running, you can link to that through the FTVA.ORG site.
- Dennis Buxton: I have the golf course locked in for 28 September this year; will have the same menu and the same price. Will need a 25 AF POC.
- Ron Haygood: 1) Col Ricky Mills is set to take command of the 17 TTW at Goodfellow this summer. 2) Mark Hess will soon meet with some of us to brainstorm ways to improve the level of donations we received from our Vigilant Partners program.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1425. The next meeting will be on Friday, the 17th of February 2017 probably in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening