FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JANUARY 19, 2019 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining a quorum, President Ted Colquhoun called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. in the Cafeteria, bldg. 2000, Security Hill, Joint-Base San Antonio-Lackland.
|Ted Colquhoun – President||Evan Smith – Vice President|
|Lee Anthony – Treasurer||Phred Sevening – Secretary|
|Ron Haygood||Roy Burnett|
|Dan Martin||Dennis Buxton|
3. MINUTES: The October 2018 Meeting Minutes were read and approved. There were no minutes from the November meeting as there was not a quorum.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Lee Anthony presented a Treasurer’s report. He highlighted the continued year-over-year decline in revenue from Vigilant Partners and declining membership. Recommendation was made to potentially set a cap on annual expenditures.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- New Special Activities Chair: Barnie Gavin volunteered to assist with Social Chair activities and Ken Williams agreed to stay involved a while longer as Barnie steps up to help.
- FTVA Presence on Facebook: Briefly discussed, nothing new to report.
- Review of Constitution and By-Laws:: Secretary has received some good inputs and revision is being drafted.
- FTVA Membership Drive: This topic again was discussed. Membership continues to decline and there is a definite need to seek new members. It’s imperative to have 25AF Leadership support in this effort. Additionally, recruitment within the Chapters must be emphasized. A strategy/action plan needs to be developed and implemented.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- FTVA P.O. Mailbox: Lee provided an update on the cost of obtaining a P.O. Box. Consensus was to discontinue receiving mail through SSFCU and obtain our own P.O. Box. A motion was made and carried to move forward with the new box.
- R.I.T Login and Password: The question was asked about the need and value of having a LoginID and Password to access the R.I.T. After discussion, the consensus was to continue to use them to limit access to the R.I.T Newsletter to current members since it is one of the benefits of being a member.
- Distribution Lists: Roy Burnett provided a list of all the e-mail distribution lists for everyone to review and make changes. He will consolidate all changes and update the distribution lists.
- Setting a Budget: Continued the discussion on the financial situations and the pros and cons of setting an annual budget. Lee took the action to put together a proposed draft budget to present at the next meeting. Consensus was that it would be a prudent measure.
- Spring Social: Discussed planning for this Year’s Spring Social. Evan discussed with Ken and Barnie, and Saturday 4 May was set as the date based on room availability at the Marriott. A guest speaker has yet to be identified, the new 25AF Command Chief hasn’t arrived yet, but Ted intends to extend her an invitation to be the Guest Speaker. Roy will move out on getting mailers for the event in the post and a notification will be placed in the next R.I.T Newsletter edition.
7. CORRESPONDENCE: Discussed request Ted received from AMT Group regarding possibly changing the reunion dates back to the last week of September since they’d already reserved a venue for their annual meeting to coincide with the traditional dates. A non-starter.
9. AROUND THE ROOM: NSTR:
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1440. The next meeting will be February 15, 2018 in the Security Hill Cafeteria, starting at 1300.
EVAN V. SMITH
Acting FTVA Secretary (for this meeting)