FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. January 17, 2020 FTVA Board of Directors’ Meeting: After establishing a quorum, president Evan Smith called the meeting to order at 1:00 p.m. at 16 AF (Building 2000) Cafeteria, Lackland AFB, Texas.
|Evan Smith – President||William Brockmiller – Vice President|
|Roy Burnett||Ted Colquhoun|
|BJ Jones||Ms. Diane Cable|
|Ken Williams||AJ Harrison|
|Ken Maynard||Dan Martin|
3. MINUTES: The November 2019 Meeting Minutes were read and approved as written.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Treasurer Lee Anthony provided the report, to be archived for audit/review.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- FTVA Membership Drive: Still looking for a government/military representative to assist. Item CLOSED.
- Status of TSgt Ernie Parrish plaque in BALA: Tabled until after the NAF merger, POC: AJ Harrison.
- Potential for Memorial Plaque in BALA for Maj Ransom: Tabled until after the NAF merger, POC: Ted Colquhoun.
- Codifying Memorialization Process: During short discussion on Maj Ransom, motion was made, seconded, and approved to form a small committee to establish a formal process for the FTVA to follow to ensure all future considerations are addressed in a consistent and standardized manner. Item OPEN, POC: Ted Colquhoun
- FTVA Charter/Constitution Update: FTVA President and designated Board Members are working on updating the documents, which will be presented at next meeting for approval and voting. Item OPEN, POC: Evan Smith
- Follow-up on business insurance coverage/quotes: Insurance quotes provided to board. Question was asked if policy can be expanded to cover FTVA local charters. When received, updated coverage quote will be provided at future meeting for review/approval. Item OPEN, POC: Bill Brockmiller.
- Spring Social: It was decided to keep the Spring Social despite declining/low participation. Marketing the event is a consideration. 21 March 2020 at the Sea World Marriott is proposed date/location. Item OPEN, POC: Ken Williams, entire BOD
- Post-merger action items: Now that merger is complete, identify/prioritize items for action. Item OPEN, awaiting decisions to be made by 16 AF/CCC.
- Larson Awards Way-Ahead: Under the new NAF construct, we will have most AFSCs from the Air Force assigned to the new NAF. The future Larson Award competitions may have to be modified to ensure everything meets the spirit and intent of awarding the “best of the best” in each AFSC in the NAF (SIGINTers?). Item OPEN, awaiting decisions to be made by 16 AF/CCC.
- Codify 16 AF relationship with FTVA: FTVA/16 AF need to determine what the relationship will look like going forward. POC: Evan Smith
- Distributing FTVA information to members: What will the delivery method to FTVA members considering that not all members are on the web. Hardcopy will be provided if member provides self-addressed mailer. Item CLOSED.
- Audit committee: Lee provided details regarding IRS and State of TX requirements for audit. Due to revenue levels, no audit is required however BOD would like to further investigate as a “good thing to do periodically.” Investigating cost for formal CPA audit and if Insurance Company requires it. Item OPEN, POCs: Ken Maynard, Lee, Brockmiller
- Chapters on-base organization: Decided that chapters have flexibility to become on-base organizations. Item CLOSED.
- FTVA logo graphic – change to reflect 16 AF (Air Forces Cyber): Does logo need to change to reflect new cyber mission (former 24 AF). POC: Evan Smith.
- Clarify/expand Larson Award donation requests: With the addition of former 24 AF units, establish procedures for donation requests, or method of identifying 16 AF needs.
- VENMO / PayPal w/SSFCU: Board approved issuance of a debit card for the operating account; Lee will obtain and generate a PayPal account.
- Quarterly account update: To verify membership, dues paid. Item OPEN, POC: Roy Burnett
- New Fallen Eagles POC: Lee resigning position on January 1, 2020, however, will continue until replacement is found. Please be on lookout for volunteer!
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Hall of Honor Pin: Should there be a FTVA pin? Cost effective? Pending design and cost to produce. Item OPEN, POC: BOD
- FTVA Hats/Coins: Hats/Coins will need updating if there are changes to FTVA logo. Action pending logo updates. Item OPEN, POC: BOD
- FTVA BOD get together: Outback at 12511 I-10 West on.25 January 2020. Item CLOSED.
7. CORRESPONDENCE: NSTR
8. AROUND THE ROOM: NSTR
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1:47 pm. The next FTVA BOD meeting will be 21 February 2020 at 1:00 pm on Security Hill, Larson Hall (building 2000) in the 16 AF Cafeteria.
FTVA Vice President (and acting Secretary for this meeting)