FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JULY 20, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we have a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood — Vice President|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Wayne Tallant|
|Chris Cook||Doug Holden|
|Bob Baert||Jacque Lerma|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Jim McLendon|
|Wayne Amann – ISR Agency/PA||Col Mike Shields — ISR Agency Senior Rep|
|Maj James Wright – ISR Agency Action Officer for Anniversary Events|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the June 2012 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS: Nothing to report.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- BAT CAT 21 update: Should this case be considered a USAFSS “killed in action” event? Decision was made to table this one until AUG meeting.
- Gold Country Chapter update: Discussion centered around the best way to support GCC efforts to improve their role and standing with ISR Agency presence at Beale AFB, CA. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to have Bob Cope send an email to Bob Sachetti on recommendations; with plans to follow up at AUG meeting.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. Nothing to report.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Phred: The new Command Chief, Chief Master Sergeant Arleen Heath, is on station.
- Wayne Amann. A TSgt from ISR Agency’s ALIS team received a Purple Heart for his actions on Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Major Wright: Provided a comprehensive update preparations for Anniversary Week. Everything appears to be on track
- Doug Holden: “The cat with the hats” reported that the hard-billed hats are moving nicely, suggest we propose a reduced donation at the picnic for the soft-billed hats as they are not moving as well as anticipated.
- Lee Anthony: The Beaners’ 50th Anniversary celebrations are coming up in OCT; along with the 45th anniversary Combat Apple reunion
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1418. The next meeting will be on Security Hill, Larson Hall (Bldg 2007), in the ISR Agency Commander’s Conference Room at 1300 on 30 AUG to present final preparations for the Anniversary Week events.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening