FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JULY 15, 2016 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Bob Cope – Treasurer|
|Phred Sevening – Secretary||Bob Baert|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Dennis Buxton|
|Ken Maynard||Mark Hess|
3. MINUTES: The June 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- Anniversary Week Update: Ron Haygood has not been able to meet with 25 AF POC, Major Octavia Heard. She held a meeting last week, which Ted Colquhoun attended and reported that everything seems to be on track. At that meeting, Ted emphasized the need to follow the continuity book and use the checklists to ensure nothing is overlooked.
- Alaska Chapter Update: Ted Colquhoun has been working with current and potential members in the Anchorage area in hopes of standing up a chapter there. Ron Haygood will reach out to the 381st ISRG Commander, Col Streeter, to offer assistance as needed.
- Hats Update: Nothing has yet been done with placing a new order for hats, due to hectic work and travel schedules. Ken Maynard offered to assist; Ron Haygood gave him details on where and how to place the order.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- FTVA Hall of Honor Nominations: Selections have been made and the names submitted to 25 AF Commander for approval before the names will be officially announced.
- Vandalism at Veteran’s Memorial: Vandals recently caused serious damage to an aircraft static display at the Veteran’s Memorial in San Angelo, TX. Local civic leaders there have come together to support restoration efforts. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide up to $1000 if requested by the Heritage Chapter so they can lend their support the effort.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Phred Sevening: US Army North sent out notifications for people to be aware to avoid any areas designated as a location for a “Day of Rage” event. Although San Antonio was not listed on the designated places, there are rumors that an event will be held locally.
- Mark Hess: The Berlin Island Group will be hosting an ISR Activities dinner, might be a good opportunity for FTVA to get involved.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Reminder that deadline for submission for the next Newsletter is 31 July.
- Bob Baert: The FTVA Directory was mailed out today, the online version was posted earlier.
- Dennis Buxton: Although the 25 AF has still not selected a Golf POC for Anniversary Week, Karl Cator has volunteered to fill the position until official selection is made. Karl has been the POC for the past several years, but is slated to PCS soon. He will fill the position until he moves.
- Ron Haygood: 25th Air Force will hold one Holiday Party this year for the entire NAF Staff; due to downsizing, the numbers are not sufficient to justify individual Directorate events.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1410. The next meeting will be in the Commander’s Conference Room, Bldg 2007 (Larson Hall) at 1330 on 19 August 2016.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening