FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 782691616
1. JUNE 20, 2014 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 in the SSFCU Board Room.
2. ATTENDANCE: Not taken.
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the April 2014 meeting were read and approved; there was no meeting in May due to lack of a quorum.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Not read.
5. OLD BUSINESS: Nothing to report.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Anniversary Activities:
- Park is reserved
- Discussion about the piper, Col McLendon is going to talk to someone he knows…if cannot get live piper, will use recording during the wreath ceremony.
- General Hayden is informally confirmed
- Dottie’s father has been invited to the Hall of Honor Ceremony
- August meeting at HQ
- Documents have been delivered to Bob Baert
- Talked about monetary requests coming from the ISRA…what level should that be?
7. CORRESPONDENCE. Nothing significant to report.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Jim McLendon – Vigilant Partner, 6924 Heritage dropping out
- AJ Harrison- HOH induction committee meeting on 11 July
- Chris Cook – Gen Detmer in town for a reunion
- Dennis Buxton – Golf tourney all set
- Andy Smith – Transition mentorship & won’t be here next month (Alaska vacation)
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1428. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330, July 18, 2014.
FTVA Vice President and Acting Secretary