FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. JUNE 19, 2015 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Andy Smith — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Bob Baert|
|A.J. Harrison||Dennis Buxton|
|Ken Maynard||Bob Crabtree|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the May 2015 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Alamo Chapter’s meeting Thursday night (18 June) in conjunction with a sit-down dinner was well attended and in the opinion of those who were there, was a really good chance to catch up with old friends and recruit new members.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Our next meeting is on June 17, hope to provide input immediately after that
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: NTR.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: NTR.
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: NTR.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: NTR
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: NTR.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- ANNIVERSARY WEEK POC: The original 25th Air Force POC for the 2015 Anniversary Week event, Major Jay Griffin, got hit with PCS orders and will not be able to serve as Anniversary Week POC. New POC is Captain Heather Ross.
- ANNIVERSARY EVENTS Invitations: Bob Baert is still waiting to get final versions of the documents so he can send out, inviting members to the 2015 Anniversary Week events.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- FTVA Gift for retiring 25 AF/DS: After much discussion, no real decisions made on what FTVA will present to Mr. Ken Williams at his retirement ceremony when he retires as the 25th Air Force Director of Staff. There will be a gift, just not sure yet what it will be.
- Guest Speaker for 2015 FTVA Banquet: As soon as the next 25th Air Force Commander is in the seat, FTVA President Ron Haygood will formally invite him to be the guest speaker for the 2015 FTVA Banquet.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: President Ron Haygood shared nice thank-you letters from Jim McLendon and Joe Hurst thanking us for the gifts presented to them as they stepped down from their active role on the FTVA Board of Directors, to assume positions of Directors Emeriti.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- A.J HARRISON: The HoH Committee is meeting 3 July. They have 15 nomination packets. Ensuing discussion focused on a need to involve the chapters and chapter presidents in culling for and submitting nominations. Then we devolved into how NASIC and AFTAC and the 55th do their own thing but the point was made that an individual could indeed be a HoH member in both those and our organizations. The plan seems to be that after the first of the year, we will send a formal invitation to the chapter presidents requesting participation in this process.
- KEN MAYNARD: On behalf of Rass, and after discussion with several folks, the desired outcome of the poster is out-of-scope for what Rass can handle. Ron is talking with some people and graphics folks. The word is this is TCO/OBE (Taken care of/Overcome by events) and not to worry.
- DENNIS BUXTON: Golf Tournament planning is going well and activity will pick up once the packets with the entry forms are sent out. I am communicating regularly with 25 AF POC, Karl Cator, and the golf course.
- RON HAYGOOD: Still awaiting word on the general’s 3d star. It will probably be at the end of the month. Until then nothing official can be announced publically concerning the change of command; but it may be towards the end of July.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1409. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 17 July 2015.
Acting FTVA Secretary