FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MARCH 21, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the alternate SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:
|Chris Cook – President||Bob Cope – Treasurer|
|Sue Douglas — Vice President||Loren “Phred” Sevening — Secretary|
|Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen – Acting S’cty||Robert Crabtree|
|Doug Holden||Joe Hurst|
|Maj Tim Woliver (AFISRA Reunion Project Officer)|
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the February 2008 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was presented and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS: FTVA REUNION UPDATE:
a. SPRING SOCIAL: The Spring Social will be at the Kelly Club Ballroom on the 12th of April. Door opens at 5 PM, and guest speaker begins presentation at 6 PM. $5.00 per person for heavy snack and pay-as-you-go bar. Part of the festivities include recognizing some of the Air Force ISR Agency heroes who recently returned from deployment.
b. ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.
1) HATS. Initial contract for hats has been set, and the draft proposal has been digitized at the factory. Looking at initial order of 300 hats, with possible donation rate of $15 per hat.
2) GOLF TOURNAMENT. Everything is on track to be another fantastic event. The Golf Course is undergoing major renovations, including a sports bar, restaurant, changes to the actual course, and more. Even with all the upgrades, the tournament fee is the same as last year.
3) REMEMBRANCE CEREMONY. Everything appears to be in order, coordinating to get the proper flyover. Because this is the 60th anniversary, will try to get an RJ flyover, but that is always subject to higher priority scheduling.
4) BAND OF THE WEST has been contacted for the Banquet, but their fall schedule is not out yet so it is too soon to commit.
5) HALL OF HONOR CEREMONY. Good to go. The Courtyard and BALA are both reserved for the event.
6) BANQUET: All set for the Gateway Club. Guest speaker will be Gen Clapper. Decision was made to establish seating areas broken down by 1948-1968, 1969-1988, and 1989-present. This way people will end up sitting with people they know, or at least have a great deal of commonality.
7) PICNIC. The Security Service Federal Credit Union is sponsoring the picnic, and they also paid the annual fee for our mailbox. SSFCU continues to be a fantastic supporter and partner of FTVA.
8) Pre-Reunion update meeting. The August 2008 meeting is planned for Security Hill in the Air Force ISR Agency Commander’s Conference Room on the 15th of August (subject to AF ISR Agency leadership schedule). This will be the last meeting before the reunion, and will give everyone a chance to fine-tune everything before the event, and allow Major General Koziol an opportunity to provide input.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
a. CALENDARS. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to have Doug Holden bring the remaining calendars in a offer them as door prizes at the Spring Social. Each of the returning Air Force ISR Agency deployed members will get a calendar, and the rest will be up for the taking on a first-come, first-served basis.
b. FTVA BOD Email address. Due to excessive spamming attacks, the old INFO@FTVA.Org email address has been eliminated. The FTVA Board of Directors now has a new group email address. Thanks to Bob Baert for the continuing support.
c. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. At the next annual General Membership Meeting the two offices of Secretary and Treasurer will be up for renewal. Bob Crabtree agreed to chair the Nominating Committee.
d. GAFB NCO ACADEMY Closure. The Goodfellow Air Force Base NCO Academy is permanently closing, with the last class graduating on May 28, 2008. Discussion was held concerning who-all from San Antonio might attend.
6. AROUND THE ROOM: May 1st is cutoff for input to the June edition of the FTVA Newsletter.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
8. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1446. The next meeting will be Friday, April 18, 2008, in the SSFCU Board of Directors Conference Room at 1330.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening FTVA Secretary