FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MAY 16, 2008 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Chris Cook called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU BOD Conference Room. Attendance:
|Chris Cook – President||Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen—Acting Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Doug Holden|
|Bob Sherwood||Ron Haygood|
|A. J. Harrison||Maj “Tim” Wolliver|
|MSgt John Knotts||MSgt Rafael Rodriguez|
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the April 2008 meeting were read and approved as amended.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: The Treasurer’s Report was presented and filed for audit.
In Bob Cope’s absence, President Cook briefed on expenditures: As agreed last meeting, Bob Cope and J.J. Graham discussed the Heritage Chapter request for a donation for the Goodfellow NCO Academy’s deactivation expenses. The Chapter was given $250 to present to the NCOA. John Knotts picked up the $4000 approved last meeting to support AFISR Agency’s Sensor Olympics program.
4. OLD BUSINESS
a. ANNIVERSARY EVENTS.
1) HATS. Bob Crabtree is awaiting delivery of the remaining order. Hats will be available at golf, picnic and banquet venues and may then be offered on-line.
2) 60th ANNIVERSARY: Joe Hurst reiterated that everything is on track for the Golf Tournament. Bob Sherwood reported that everything’s good to go for the Hall of Honor ceremony, which will be outside this year (weather permitting). Maj Wolliver briefed that the status of Band of the West has changed and they are no longer available for the Banquet. The BOD decided there would be no music either during or after the meal. Coordination for the fly-over is progressing on schedule and we expect 149th signed approval by the end of June. All paperwork for base passes is done. Chris Cook indicated the reunion packet is with Bob Baert and ready for printers to send with the June Newsletter package.
b. PLAQUES FOR AIRCRAFT MODELS. AFISR Agency’s correspondence and negotiations with the foundry and industry are moving through the coordination process at HQ. Marco Aldaz will work out the wording on plaques for Gen Koziol’s approval. A lengthy discussion followed on various ways the FTVA can raise funds in support of this project. Three proposals surfaced: Life-Member patron partner support (separate mail out to Life Members), Anniversary Coin sales and A.J. Harrison proposed soliciting donations for a plastic Anniversary Mug at the picnic beer booth. The BOD looked favorably on all three initiatives, however, Chris Cook tabled this item until Bob Cope is available (at the June meeting). Ron Haygood suggested the new AFISR Agency Historian be invited to our next BOD meeting.
c.) GOODFELLOW NCOA DEACTIVATION. Our cub reporter, Rass, will be taking pictures and notes at the ceremony and graduation.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
a) VIGILANT PARTNERS. Jim Hilliard sent us the most recent list. Updates through the end of April will appear in the June Newsletter. Additional supporters are being considered.
b) A3 CONFERENCE ROOM DEDICATION. to CMSgt (Ret) Mahoney. Marco will coordinate to obtain photos of the dedication. A short article was included in the June Newsletter.
6. AROUND THE ROOM: Chris Cook briefed the nature of USAFSS Roll Call Pioneers who scheduled its reunion activities around the FTVA reunion in September. MSgt Knotts (retiring from the AF on May 22) thanked the BOD for FTVA $4,000 donation and reported that MSgt Rafael Rodriguez is officially the new Sensor Olympics Superintendent. They said the Top Three Car Show would be this weekend and they were expecting quite a few BAMC returning heroes to be there.
7. There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 1510. The next meeting will be held on Friday, June 20, 2008, in the SSFCU Board of Directors Conference Room at 1330.
Dennis L. Rassmussen