FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MAY 21, 2010 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony — President||Ron Haygood — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Loren “Phred” Sevening — Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Chris Cook|
|Bob Baert||Doug Holden|
|Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen|
|Wayne Amann — AFISRA/PA|
|Major Luis Cairo — AFISRA Liaison for Anniversary Events|
2. MINUTES: The Minutes of the April 2010 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
3. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
4. OLD BUSINESS
- HATS. Ron Haygood brought in samples of two different products to pass around. A total of 288 hats are on order, 144 of each kind. Doug Holden will be the Hat Honcho, responsible for collecting donations, distributing the products, and keeping the rest of us in line. The company also does shirts, and Ron brought in a sample product to show us. There was no interest in having anything to do with the shirts at this time. No motion required.
- JUNE NEWSLETTER. Done and in production, Rass brought in the master copy to share with us. No motion required.
- BAND OF THE WEST at the FTVA banquet. After much discussion, decision was made to request Air Force Band of the West services as background music during dinner only. No need for pre-dinner background music and definitely no need for dancing music. No motion required, our only deliverable was to let Ken Williams know our preference. Maj Luis Cairo has that for action, and Ron Haygood will back him up.
- SENIOR SCOUT model for Air Force ISR Agency courtyard. Nothing new to report.
- FTVA Donation to Security Hill TOP III. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to no longer fund this specific function because there is no direct tie to FTVA or direct benefit to AFISRA Airmen. The board did decide to remain open to entertaining support requests from Security Hill TOP III on a case-by-case basis.
5. NEW BUSINESS.
- Theme for 2010 FTVA Reunion Banquet. After much discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to use”Salute to the Silent Warrior” as the theme.
- Meal selection for this year’s banquet. After much discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to have chicken cordon bleu as the entrée this year, same price as last year ($25 per person).
- Status of documents needed for reunion mailout. Everything is ready to go, and will be mailed out with the directory. No motion required.
- AFISRA Reunion Activities Update: Everything is on track…coordinating with FAA for the fly-over, banquet is good, picnic is good but will need a new uniformed POC because the current POC is deploying next month…all of Honor is good to go…golf tournament is on track…all is well at this point.
- New AFISRA Senior Liaison? Col Hank Toussaint has moved on to a new assignment and no longer works in AFISRA, need to replace him. Some names were thrown around but no decisions were made. No motion required.
- Alzafar Shriners Update. These guys are getting ready to move into their summer recess. Everything appears to be on track for them to participate in our memorial ceremony. No motion required.
6. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
7. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Doug Holden. Doug asked how do we respond to that email request for a copy of the official FTVA logo, because there is no”official” logo. The logo that is on the newsletter and our website is what was provided to the requestor. We still don’t have an”official” logo. No motion required.
- Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen: Thanks for all the help on the newsletter and associated activities. Bob Cope chimed in with kudos to Rass for his outstanding efforts
- Wayne Amann:
- Gen Heithold was guest speaker at a recent 6911th Reunion here in town and all the participants were impressed with his dedication and commitment and the fact that he took time to speak with them, and he also brought along some uniformed personnel to participate in the activities. Everyone was exceptionally grateful. Wayne posted an article on this event on the AFISRA portal.
- The AFISRA mission brief was recently presented to the Rhode Island Air National Guard, along with mission discussions. Another excellent event.
- AFISRA Ambassadors are taking a short break before stepping into the summer parade season, thanks again to FTVA for all the support for them and many other programs.
- There is a new AFISRA promotional video that now has accompanying music in three different genres: headbanger, rock, and country/western. The video was shown at the 6911th reunion, using the country/western version.
- Bob Baert: FTVA is now on Facebook. Bob Baert created the site but does not spend much time updating it. The site appears to be more successful than anticipated, with upwards of 1100″friends” so far.
- Joe Hurst. Joe attended the 6911th Reunion and expressed gratitude for Gen Heithold bringing some uniformed staff members along. Some of the reunion participants were pleasantly surprised at the level of support demonstrated by the Agency.
8. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1430. Next meeting will be June 18, 2010 in the SSFCU Board Room, starting at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING