FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
- INTRODUCTION: Prior to the formal FTVA BOD meeting, Maj Gen Bradley Heithold, AFISR Agency Commander, reviewed a few unclassified talking points of interest to the BOD and several invited guests from the Agency HQ. Then, A.J. Harrison gave the general a ‘Vietnam War trophy’ memento donated by the “Doggers” (Vietnamese Linguist) alumni group for the HQ History Museum. Also, Lee Anthony presented Gen Heithold with a framed caricature of various AFISRA ground and air resources marking the upcoming completion of his tour as Agency Commander.
1. MAY 20, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: President Lee Anthony determined a quorum and called the meeting to order at 1400 hours in the AFISR Agency Commander’s Board Room on Security Hill.
|Lee Anthony – President||Dennis Rassmussen – Acting Secretary|
|Ron Haygood — Vice President||Bob Cope — Treasurer|
|Bob Baert||A. J. Harrison|
|Ken Williams||Barnie Gavin|
|Bob Crabtree||Bob Sherwood|
3. MINUTES: The Minutes of the APR 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor modifications.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- Bob Cope and Lee Anthony led a discussion on the progress made by Jim Kaus in standing up, chartering and formalizing the new FTVA Sunshine Chapter in Florida. The initial draft constitution submitted by Mr. Kaus (a clone of one provided by Goodfellow’s Heritage Chapter) was modified after review and response by the BOD executive committee. The Sunshine Chapter has scheduled its first meeting to review and approve the charter for this weekend (May 21) in Ocala, FL., so our guidance on their draft constitution required a rapid response. Bob Baert voiced concern on establishing some geographic boundary for the Chapter. Given the alacrity with which the chapter has been established, Dennis Rassmussen acknowledged that much of his coordination effort proved to be almost “after the fact”.
6. NEW BUSINESS:
- Ken Williams indicated that all action items for the annual September reunion appear to be well in hand. Lt. Gen. Larry D. James is currently slated to be the guest speaker for the Banquet.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. NTR
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Ken Williams: The board reviewed the requirement to provide live musical accompaniment and professional photography for the banquet. Barnie Gavin suggested that soft piano background added appropriate ambience. Wayne Amann indicated that PA would assure specified photos for the event.
- Ron Haygood: Maj Erik Russell has been selected as the AFSIRA lead for the annual Anniversary activities. Maj Russell has experience from RC-135’s and AFSOC.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1435. Next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 17 June 2011.
Dennis L. Rassmussen