FREEDOM THROUGHFREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MAY 18, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, Vice President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCO Board Room.
|Ron Haygood — Vice President||Bob Cope — Treasurer|
|Phred Sevening — Secretary||Joe Hurst|
|Jim McLendon||Wayne Tallant|
|Bob Baert||Jacque Lerma|
|Ken Williams||Col Mike Shields — ISR Agency Senior Rep|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the MAR 2012 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
- GENERAL DOYLE E. LARSON AWARDS PROGRAM UPDATE: Due to SecDef-directed efficiencies across the DoD, current ISR Agency Commander has decided to suspend the annual Gen Doyle E. Larson Awards Banquet. The actual awards program will continue, but the Agency will no longer fund travel and per diem to bring all the competitors and their commanders to San Antonio. The award recipients will get the awards presented at their local unit.
- National Capital Region Update: After lengthy discussion on the whys and wherefores, motion was made, seconded, and approved to support Al Dowling’s efforts to resurrect the National Capital Region (NCR) Chapter of the FTVA. Al plans to reach out to any interested members of the original NCR chapter and let them know he is proceeding with establishing a new NCR chapter.
- REUNION UPDATE: Discussions were held concerning the need to update the various documents required to make the anniversary week activities a success. Guest Speaker was tentatively identified, and Ken Williams will reach out to see if he may be interested. Decision was made to coordinate with ISR Agency reps to move the Remembrance Ceremony and Picnic up 30 minutes to an hour.
6. NEW BUSINESS. Jacque Lerma was presented as the new PICNIC CHAIR, replacing A.J. Harrison who has assumed the role of Hall of Honor Chair.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. N/A.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Ron Haygood: The Agency History Office is planning to increase the number of historical displays within the ISR Agency headquarters; and they may come to us for funding assistance. They were selected as the Best History Office in the entire US Air Force for 2010.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1440. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 15 June 2012.
//NOT signed (no need, as this was not a formal meeting)//
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening