FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MAY 15, 2015 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Andy Smith — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Bob Baert||A.J. Harrison|
|Barnie Gavin||Dennis Rassmussen|
|Ken Maynard||Bob Crabtree|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the APRIL 2015 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Meeting June 18 & I will provide some input at the meeting on Friday.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Meeting on June 17 & will provide input immediately after that
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: NTR.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: NTR.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Our treasurer, Sharon Frizzell, had to resign due to long summer commitment to a National Park as a volunteer. I will be acting until we hold elections. We had a farewell event for her a couple weeks ago. Had a very nice turn out for monthly social yesterday with Mr. Snake Clark, SES from the Air Staff A2 shop. He was showing off the Eagle Vision II van at the AFSPACE parking lot all week, with the San Diego based EV system. Snake is also involved with the armed Predator program and was stationed at HQ ESC in the early 80s.
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: NTR.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: NTR.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- ANNIVERSARY WEEK POC: The original 25th Air Force POCs for the 2015 Anniversary Week event, Major Jay Griffin, got hit with PCS orders and will not be able to serve as Anniversary Week POC. Ken Williams and Ron Haygood will work to identify a new POC. SMSgt Jason Wright will remain in place as the Alternate.
- 25 AF DEPLOYER’S PICNIC: The picnic was cancelled due to rain; so the event organizers took all the food they had already purchased and held a burger/hotdog burn at 25 AF headquarters. Because the event turned from a picnic to a burger/hotdog burn, they returned $411 to FTVA, thanking us for our generous contributions.
- VIGILANT PARTNERS Program Update: Ron Haygood announced that Mark Hess (Col, RET) has stepped up to serve as the Vigilant Partner’s Chair.
7. NEW BUSINESS. ANNIVERSARY WEEK Update: President Ron Haygood is working to update some of the paperwork that gets sent to members, providing everyone with updated guidance for the event. Once everything is updated, Ron will get everything to Bob Baert to be mailed out.
8. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM.
- A.J. Harrison: Reminder that nominations for Hall of Honor are due the 1st Monday in June; so far only have one nomination package. I will be reaching out to assemble a nomination committee soon.
- Dennis Rassmussen:
- I am working to update the FTVA Poster that we display at all of our public gatherings and events. After short discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund the cost to get updated poster printed.
- Thanks to everyone for getting Newsletter updates to me.
- Andy Smith: I sent to Rass all the Chapter updates I received, so he can get that information into the next Newsletter. Also, I am getting ready to submit another order for nametags.
- Ron Haygood: Looking for ideas on a gift we can present to Ken Williams when he retires.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1413. The next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 19 June 2015.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening