FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. MAY 19, 2017 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Ted Colquhoun – Vice President|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Bob Baert|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Ken Maynard|
|AJ Harrison||Mark Hess|
3. MINUTES: The April 2017 meeting minutes were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was presented and filed for audit.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
6. OLD BUSINESS:
- Update on CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS). The naming of the CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS building) on Offutt AFB has been approved and will happen on 30 June 2017. There was an adjustment to the cost and makeup of the building signs but it remains within our approved budget. The FTVA will support the Prop Wash Gang with funding the plaque with final funds TBD.
- Modifications to Anniversary Week Sequence of Events: Planning continues for the 2017 FTVA Anniversary Week. Events will kick-off on Thursday, 28 Sept, with the golf tournament, followed by the Hall of Honor Induction, Fallen Eagle Remembrance Ceremony and the FTVA Picnic on Friday, 29 Sept, beginning at 0900. FTVA Banquet on Saturday evening at the Gateway Club with Gen Clapper as the guest speaker. The FTVA Annual Membership meeting will be held Saturday at a time and place to be determined.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- National Capital Region Chapter Name Change: NCR Chapter has changed their name to Mid-Atlantic Region Chapter and issued a call for a June meeting on their facebook page.
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM:
- Ron Haygood: Gen Larson Awards are being planned…date TBD
- Mark Hess: Steady group of partners, but I remain concerned with larger corporations and donations. Need to discuss how to improve marketing of FTVA and gaining new memberships.
- AJ Harrison: Be prepared for Hall of Honor plaque charges…25 AF front office does not have the funding at this time. Also reported on Mike Presslar family being escorted through the Hall of Honor. He was in the second group of inductees and his family had no idea about what he accomplished for USAFSS.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1417. The next meeting will be on Friday, the 16th of June 2017 probably in the SSFCU Executive Dining Room.
Edward W. Colquhoun
Acting FTVA Secretary (for this meeting)