FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. NOVEMBER 19, 2010 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: Treasurer Bob Cope called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Loren R. “Phred” Sevening|
|Joe Hurst||Dennis “Rass” Rassmussen|
|Wayne Tallant||Chris Cook|
|Doug Holden||Wayne Amann — AFISRA/PA|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the OCT 2010 meeting were not available, but will be emailed to the BOD for approval.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS: Still have some hats left, will have a place on the website making that fact known so our members have an opportunity to acquire them as desired. Doug Holden remains our loyal and faithful hat honcho.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
a. Motion made, seconded, and approved to increase membership support funding.
b. Motion made, seconded, and approved to distribute associate membership rebates.
c. Motion made, seconded, and approved to fund a new digital camera and hard drive for the Newsletter Editor and staff.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. NONE.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
a. Wayne Amann: Because all military bases in San Antonio now fall under the Joint Base San Antonio construct, there will no longer be an Ambassador program for each base. Under JBSA, there will be two Ambassadors from each service. The new Ambassadors for JBSA will be selected on 15 DEC.
b. Chris Cook: The San Antonio area high schools cyber competition, called Cyber Patriot, is growing bigger. This year a total of 15 area teams participated. We are looking to make it an annual competition.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1413. There will be no FTVA BOD meeting for December. Next meeting will be in the SSFCU board room on January 21 at 1330.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING