FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. NOVEMER 18, 2011 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we have a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood — Vice President|
|Bob Cope — Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Chris Cook||Bob Baert|
|Joe Hurst||Col Mike Shields — HQ AFISRA Senior Liaison|
3. MINUTES: The Minutes of the OCT 2011 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS:
a. COLORADO Chapter of the FTVA. Barnie Gavin has achieved amazing success in establishing an FTVA Chapter in Colorado where he recently moved PCS with his active duty wife. Their Board of Directors has been elected and their charter is in coordination. Everything is moving in the proper direction.
b. FTVA Contitution and By-Laws update. Joe Hurst will provide suggested updates to our guiding documents at the next meeting to ensure we remain current and accurate.
c. Hall of Honor Update. Chief (USAF, Ret) Bob Sherwood resigned from the position as Hall of Honor Chair; BOD members are encouraged to canvass the membership to find an appropriate person ready, willing, and able to take the program over. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to assign Mr Sherwood with the august title of Hall of Honor Chairman Emeritus to commemorate his outstanding efforts over all these years.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- Chapter Rebates. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to expand the FTVA Chapter Rebates program to include those who are lifetime members. The traditional rebate gives back $2 per member to the other chapters.
- Air Force ISR Agency Honor Guard submitted a request for funds for 2012. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to donate the regular annual amount with the caveat that this year we present the check in a forum that allows for a photo op for the newsletter.
- AFISRA Annual Awards Program. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to increase the amount donated to the HQ AFISRA Annual Awards Program. Donation this year will be $6,000.
- Spring Social. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to secure the club for 21 April 2012 for the annual Spring Social. If we can not reserve the club that evening, then we approved 14 April as the back-up date.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. Received nice thank-you letters from General Charlie Bishop and Chief Al Dowling (both USAF, ret) for their induction into the FTVA Hall of Honor.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Chris Cook gave an excellent update on the San Antonio Cyber Patriot program.
- Ron Haygood shared details on the upcoming AFCEA conference here in town 14-16 DEC.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1415. Reminder that there will be no meeting in December; the next meeting will be at the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 20 JAN 2012.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING