FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. NOVEMBER 15, 2013 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Andy Smith – Vice PResident|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Phred Sevening – Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Lee Anthony|
|Bob Crabtree||Jim McLendon|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Bob Baert|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the OCT 2013 meeting were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit. FTVA Chapter rebates will be disbursed in December.
5. OLD BUSINESS: Ron Haygood expressed sincere appreciation to Lee Anthony for all the successes over the past four years; membership has grown, financial coffers have increased, etc.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- Andy Smith started this section of the meeting by sharing his thoughts on what he sees as an opportunity to share our collective experiences with others who have retired from military service, or will do so in the near future. In his opinion, the military Transition Assistance Program (TAP) is not sufficient to posture everyone for a successful transition into the civilian world. Because all of us have successfully made the transition, the FTVA members are an excellent source to mentor others in this area and others, if applicable. The strength of the FTVA is the solid network in place that opens the door for communications between mentors and mentees. A potential added benefit is the anticipated improvement in FTVA visibility and credibility within the active duty community. Recommend everyone bring thoughts and ideas to the next meeting to discuss, decide, and proceed.
- SPRING SOCIAL: The event is set for 8 March at the same location as last year, the Courtyard Marriott at 151 and Wiseman from 5 to 10 PM. Because of the deadline for Newsletter submissions, it may be too late to advertise the event in the next issue.
- FTVA ANNIVERSARY BANQUET: Invitation has been sent to retired Gen Mike Hayden to be guest speaker.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. None.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Looking for an Associate Newsletter Editor to help out with the massive project of gathering, printing, editing, and publishing the product. Interested parties may contact Rass to volunteer. The next edition of the Newsletter is ready to go to print.
- Lee Anthony: In August of 2014, the 97th Intelligence Squadron at Offutt AFB will celebrate 97 years of the 97th IS.
- Andy Smith: The HQ Air Force ISR Agency Open House on 19 DEC 2013 is open to all FTVA members, no need to RSVP.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1419. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU BOD Room on 17 JAN 2014 at 1330.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening