FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. OCTOBER 19, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Lee Anthony – President||Ron Haygood — Vice President|
|Bob Cope – Treasurer||Phred Sevening — Secretary|
|Joe Hurst||Wayne Tallant|
|Chris Cook||Doug Holden|
|Bob Baert||Jacque Lerma|
|Dennis Rassmussen||Jim McLendon|
|Bob Crabtree||Col Mike Shields — ISR Agency Senior Rep|
|Maj James Wright – ISR Agency Action Officer for Anniversary Events|
3. MINUTES: The minutes of the AUG 2012 meeting were not available, and not read.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was read and filed for audit.
5. OLD BUSINESS: Anniversary Week After Action Report. Major James Wright provided an excellent recap of the activities, letting us know that the team was top-notch and did a great job – they took away a number of lessons-learned to improve the event next year; and they beefed up the continuity books for future action officers. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to send the Alsafar Shriners Bagpipers an honorarium for their efforts. Discussion moved towards a desire to find a better place to hold the bulk of the Anniversary Week events; a survey might be crafted and placed on the FTVA website to solicit ideas and feedback.
6. NEW BUSINESS.
- AF ISR AGENCY HONOR GUARD FUNDING: Motion was made, seconded, and approved to fund the ISR Agency Honor Guard at their normal amount.
- FTVA NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION UPDATE: Al Dowling continues to do great things in establishing the momentum to resurrect the FTVA NCR Chapter. Ron Haygood will serve as the primary POC for all chapters; a query was sent to Al to determine if he needed any financial help, but he has not yet responded.
- SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY FIRE MEMORIAL: President Lee Anthony was recently made aware of an initiative to honor victims of a dormitory fire at Syracuse University in 1958, where several students died, and 19 were severely injured. Among the dead and injured was several active duty USAFSS Airmen attending language training at the university. Larry Tart from the NCR Chapter is the FTVA lead for this effort. After some discussion, motion was made, seconded, and approved to table this one until we have more information.
7. CORRESPONDENCE. Nothing to report.
8. AROUND THE ROOM.
- Jim McLendon: We have a new Platinum Partner on board, General Dynamics. This adds to a long and distinguished list of Vigilant Partners.
- Dennis Rassmussen: Two items: 1) During the FTVA picnic I engaged in several conversations with members of other organizations asking to have links to their websites on our FTVA.ORG site. Turns out the links are already on our site, and if any organization wants to get added, the must meet requirements, and request through the webpage owner to be included. 2) Using 4th Class Mail, we are restricted to 3.5 ounces total weight when we mail the newsletter out. The newsletter normally comes in around 3.2 ounces; and it is a challenge to keep it under the limit.
- Jaque Lerma: It would be good to have pics from the Anniversary Week events on our FB page; and it would also be good to have the FTVA FB site advertised in the next newsletter.
- Bob Cope: Howard Bunton passed away recently and in his obituary he requested donations be made to the FTVA Memorial Fund if desired. Bob is working the details with Howard’s family.
9. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1440. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU BOD Room on 16 NOV at 1330.
Loren R. “Phred” Sevening