FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. OCTOBER 21, 2016 FTVA BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING: After ascertaining that we had a quorum, President Ron Haygood called the meeting to order at 1330 hours in the SSFCU Board Room.
|Ron Haygood – President||Ted Colquhoun – Vice President|
|Bob Baert||Dennis Rassmussen|
|Barnie Gavin||Dennis Buxton|
|Ken Williams||AJ Harrison|
|Bob Crabtree||Lee Anthony|
3. MINUTES: The August 2016 meeting minutes were read and approved with minor edits.
4. TREASURER’S REPORT: Was not available.
5. CHAPTER REPORTS:
- ALAMO CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- ALOHA CHAPTER: Awaiting input.
- GOLD COUNTRY CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- HERITAGE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER: Awaiting input
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER: Awaiting input
6. OLD BUSINESS: Update on CMSgt Tom Tennant Hall (97 IS). Effort is still moving forward; we have not yet been contacted to provide financial support. Dedication of the building can be approved by the 55th Wing Commander, the staff package is still in coordination within the 55th Wing.
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- Review of FTVA Anniversary Week Events:
- Request board members start thinking about any recommendations or suggestions for improvement to any aspect of the Anniversary Week events. We will compile the list of recommendations and present to the general membership at the 2017 FTVA General Membership meeting for approval and implementation.
- Golf – Great event put on by Dennis Buxton – super support from Ken Williams, Ken Gendolfe, Barnie Gavin, Phred Sevening, Jessie Green, Mike and Diana Nielsen. Venue was great, but Dennis said they will work on the food. Additional discussions ensued regarding FTVA support to the event.
- Remembrance Ceremony – Great event, need to reposition the podium so the entire crowd can see the speakers.
- Picnic – good turnout, but need to discuss how to get the building to come out and attend. Discussed several options but tabled for further discussions.
- HoH/Banquet – great feedback from all the honorees. Dinner was great compared to previous years. The Emcee position needs to be vetted. 1st RSM thanked everyone for the recognition and the memories.
- Hall of Honor Inductee Accomplishments. We discussed publishing the Anniversary Hall Of Honor Pamphlets in the Quarterly Newsletter . There was a misunderstanding on what was to be included and because the pamphlets were already public it was approved to allow those to be placed in the quarterly Newsletter. At no time would the entire write-up be placed in the Newsletter.
- FTVA BOD Post-Holiday Get-Together: After brief discussion, decision was made for the FTVA Board of Directors to get together 3 Saturday in January, 2017. More to follow…
8. CORRESPONDENCE: None.
9. AROUND THE ROOM: Ron Haygood: We received a request to support the Maj Gen Doyle E. Larson Awards week by donating $4000.00 to provide Shirts, Medals, etc. Motion was made, seconded, and approved to provide the requested funds.
10. There being no further business, motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1504. The next meeting will be in the SSFCU Board Room at 1330 on 18 November 2016.
Edward W. Colquhoun
Acting FTVA Secretary