FREEDOM THROUGH VIGILANCE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 691616
San Antonio, Texas 78269-1616
1. September 28, 2013 FTVA ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING. After Vice President Ron Haygood determined we had a quorum, President Lee Anthony called the meeting to order at 1148 hours in the Bernard A. Larger Auditorium (BALA), building 2007 (Larson Hall), HQ Air Force ISR Agency, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas.
2. Attendee who traveled the farthest: Several states mentioned but no determination made on who traveled the farthest.
3. Reading of the Minutes: Minutes of the SEP 2012 FTVA General Membership Meeting were read and approved.
4. Treasurer’s report: Was read and filed for audit.
5. Vigilant Partners Update: Jim McLendon provided excellent update on the Vigilant Partners program and its continued success.
6. FTVA History Update: Barnie Gavin provided a recap of the previous year’s history and let us know he will adjust the time window of the history report to match the General Membership Meeting. The annual History Reports are now available on the FTVA website.
7. Membership Update. Ron Haygood provided a brief update on membership numbers over the past year.
8. Hall of Honor Update: A.J. Harrison thanked everyone for their help and contributions during the Hall of Honor nomination and selection process for the year.
9. Spring Social Update: Ken Williams provided a recap of the Spring Social held in April of this year, and was an overall successful event.
10. Sports Update. Not provided.
11. Picnic Update: Not provided.
12. Newsletter Update: Dennis Rassmussen provided an update on Newsletter highlights and activities over the past year. He repeated his thanks to the many people who have opted to switch to receiving the Newsletter this way because it saves us time, money, and effort (not to mention paper).
13. Chapter Reports:
- HERITAGE CHAPTER, JJ Graham: 2013 has been yet another busy year for us, with many interesting projects in the works. Probably the biggest one was the EC-47 display. We are also active with doing our best to recruit new members; hosting international students, and staying out of trouble. Thanks to all the very active members we have on the team that makes everything happen.
- ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHAPTER, Greg Roman: We continue to make progress. Sincere thanks to Barnie Gavin for all his hard work in starting the chapter and keeping us focused. Our highlight for the year was our role in the Air Force Academy Dedication to the MC-12 and crew, where outgoing President Lee Anthony made a great speech. We continue to meet at Rhino’s; if you are ever out our way, stop on by!
- SUNSHINE CHAPTER, Jim Kaus: We continue to do what we can. Our biggest project for the year was the sponsoring the Deployed Airmen coins that we worked with the 361 ISRG. Every Airmen returning from a deployment gets a coin as our token of appreciation.
15. ELECTION OF OFFICERS: Ron Haygood elected as President, and Andy Smith was elected at Vice President, both for two-year terms.
16. OPEN FORUM: Lee Anthony thanked everyone for all the support during his time as President and expressed confidence that the support would continue under Ron Haygood.
17. There being no further business, a motion was made, seconded, and approved to adjourn at 1308.
LOREN R. “PHRED” SEVENING